Wednesday, 2 May 2012

Number 2.1 - 'Living the Dream'

Frankie was eight, and lived alone with her mother in a sleepy suburb of Southampton. The school holidays were approaching fast, and they had organized lots of fun activities to do together over the entire week. Hannah, Frankie’s mother, was feeling enthusiastic too as she’d booked the week off work to spend some much needed time together.

“Oh Mummy, I can’t wait until I finish school on Friday, I’m really looking forward to having some fun with you! I do love you Mummy!” Frankie was smiling to herself as she skipped around the tiny kitchen. Hannah smiled back, tears welling up briefly, completely overwhelmed by her small daughter’s happiness. “I love you too, my darling”, she grinned.

Friday came and it was a beautiful day. Hannah was listening to the birds singing through the open kitchen window, and the sky was a deep cerulean blue with wisps of white cloud, soaring high in the sky.

To be continued . . . HERE

.

[155 words]

2 comments: